Gael J. B. Orr
Background and Experience:
Thirty five plus years involvement with the horse industry. Manager and riding instructor at Sweetwater Equestrian Center, LLC in Conesus, New York teaching English riding at this location for five years. Experienced in endurance racing, polo, sidesaddle riding, dressage, show jumping, gaming and general horse training.
- Trained horses in Namibia, Africa for orphanage’s riding program.
- Trained horses from foals to saddle-trained.
- United States Pony Club riding and horse management instructor for two years.
- Educated by horse whisperer, Frank Bell in Natural Horsemanship horse training.
- Educated in Dressage by “the Hanoverian Lady” Karin Holmes for 5 years.
- Educated in Dressage and in-hand work by Sandra Washburn for 10 years.
- Educated in Dressage, equitation, and hunt seat by Sarah Haver Terwey for 5 years.
- Dressage Clinics participated: Frank Grelo and Carlos Carneiro.
- Dressage Clinics observed: Vitor Silva, Matt McLaughlin.
- Started teaching horsemanship and English riding at age 15 and operated Gael’s Riding School.
- Studied CHA horsemanship for two years at Houghton College summer camp programs.
Certified through the American Society of Equine Appraisers in 2008. Courses attended: Principles of Valuation, Presented by the American Society of Equine Appraisers. Appraiser number: 05315
Certified instructor through the American Sidesaddle Association.
American Sidesaddle Association
International Side Saddle Organization
Certified Horsemanship Association
Board Member of the American Sidesaddle Association
ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, ROCHESTER, NEW YORK
Master of Science Degree in Human Resources Development; Accumulative GPA 3.94.
Graduate Awards: Graduate scholarship from the College of Applied Science and Technology, awarded for academic excellence.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration majoring in International Business with Management and Spanish language focus; accumulative GPA 3.74.
Undergraduate College Memberships:
- Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi International Honor Society
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- Hites Foundation Scholarship awarded for academic excellence.
- Rochester Institute of Technology Trustee Scholarship, awarded for academic excellence.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship, awarded for academic excellence.
- Harry C. Eyer Memorial Endowment Fund, awarded for academic excellence.
SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY OF BUSINESS FINANCE, SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Study abroad program for one semester; GPA 3.75.
GENESEE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, BATAVIA, NEW YORK
Associate of Science Degree in Business Administration; accumulative GPA 3.96
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Comprehensive understanding of microeconomics and macroeconomics; experienced in teaching at the college level consumer and business firm behavior, production, distribution, equilibrium, resource allocation and income distribution, market pricing, national income accounting (GDP and GNP), consumption, investment, banking, laws of supply and demand, and price elasticity.